In reference to the original subject, I'd like to add my simple 2 cents worth....

I knew as early as age nine that I was a word lover, when my ears perked up to hear my fourth grade teacher ask why we thought the author of the story we were reading had named her characters the way she did. I looked about and saw nothing but bored, confused, or blank faces, so up goes my hand....I knew the answer! "Because she wanted us to know how to see the character" was my nine year old answer. (My adult answer would be much more inteliigible, of course :)

I remember being fascinated that one could convey a character's personality by merely giving them a suggestive name. And I will forever remember the way my teacher beamed at me, because I knew the answer.

Now, it can be said that by knowing and answering the teacher's question, I categorized myself into a box....one labeled "word lover" as I mentioned, or "smart" as I thought myself that day...but my less enthusiastic classmates labeled me as a "nerd" or a "teacher's pet".

And therein lies my personal example of how certain different words can connote different meanings, even though they may be applied to the same idea.