RE:. In Spanish "the" translates as el (masc.) and la (fem.) How can this not reinforce the traditional roles when the vast majority of household appliances are la cuchina (kitchen), la lavadora (washer), la batadora (mixer).

reading this, i thought about english (language) terms, and how they have effected me and my thinking...

civilized areas have woods and forests, but area that we wish to see as "undeveloped", and in need of our interference, are "jungles". the continent of europe, which DNA test now show to populated with people who are extremely genetically close, is in habitted by many different nationalities, but Africa, a continent that has many radically different groups (evident by physical appearences, and modern DNA results) has only "tribes".

The American Indians of NA, were "tribes", too.

and we have discussed in the past, english feminine ending, which are slowly going away --i.e., actor/actress, waiter/waitress, aviator/aviatrix, and so on.

I personally think the feminine ending should go... and i am curious, was there ever originally a seamster?(and as more sewing was done at home, by women, the masculine trade died out, leaving only taylors, and seamstress?
(tayloring is a very specific kind of sewing, a seamstress is one who can sew simple straight seams, as might be found on skirts, or hems, or linens.)