That's good.

Here's an idea, though, and it may be a lot more work than it's worth. I guess I thought you were mainly a music teacher, so maybe the teaching language business is a sideline and this is a little much to do for a sideline, but it's an idea.

When I was teaching advanced fortran in college, the book was really, really bad. In the advanced class one learned a lot of stuff, algorithms, methodologies, but also a lot of machine and compiler dependent stuff. Unfortunately, the textbook they were using was out of date - even on the old computer they had just ditched. The text was $80 (really a lot in those days when the average book was $20 to $30). I told the students they shouldn't buy it (this is an abbreviated version of this story). Instead I taught from my own notes that I culled from 1) my own texts and 2) my own coding experiences.

So if you have an interest in this sort of thing, you might consider going beyond the textbook, trying to find things that you personally enjoy. The web will surely make this a lot easier to look into. If you get sucked into doing that thing again, you'll have some broader base to draw upon. Anyway, that's what you could do if you had a lot of extra time on your hands and didn't have a different career in music to keep you occupied.

k