In reply to:

Since Caucasians or whites are the culture that's doing the considering there is no need to replace the term referring to them

Hmm... I thought the whole point was that the culture was made up of everyone. Actually this confirms my belief that all this language prescription by others is primarily directed at white people and especially white males. As much as I dislike the idea of someone calling me an egghead, I resent even more so somebody telling me exactly what I should and should not say. My parents raised me to behave and speak a certain way, and I think it is presumptious of others to try to push their weird belief that my children shouldn't ever read a book containing the word yacht, for example. Honestly, is the idea that we should shield children from the notion that there are wealthy people out there that own yachts? There are, you know, so this approach amounts to lying. Men shouldn't be portrayed as problem solvers? Boys as intelligent, logical, or mechanical? Why not? Why not portray both sexes as problem solvers, etc? I can see why you should avoid stereotyping groups into pigeon holes, but I don't see why you should be actively avoiding positive images of certain groups unless you have ulterior motives.

Furthermore, I can specifically recall being interested and intellectually stimulated when textbooks in school featured stuff that was different from my life. I grew up in Kentucky, where we get some ice and snow in winter but not enough to go ice skating regularly. But it was neat to read about Hans brinker and the Silver Skates. It was one more thing to open my mind to the idea that the world was a big place and that people did different things for fun in different parts of the world. Is this is the sort of experience these idiots are trying to avoid? home schooling is starting to look better and better. How else will children ever get to read real literature, learn about the world and basically develop intelligence?