I'm nor sure why the animosity regarding Faldage's statement about migrant workers?......I understood he was merely pointing out the difference between 'percentage assumption' vs 'prejudice'.

There was an 'answer' on Jeapoardy a couple of weeks ago, that loosely touched on this very theory. The 'answer' was: "The only language that 'how to nail' salon manuals are written in." (forgive my memory and don't hold me to task for the exact wording of the 'answer') None of the contestants got the answer correct, although all three attempted to answer it. I knew immediately that the answer was Vietnamese......not because I am smart, but because of *Percentages":

I have had my nails done in salons in nearly two dozen cities in three states....and 100% of the workers, as well as the owners/managers of the salons, were of Oriental descent. I am certainly not familiar enough with the Oriental peoples, to know the
differences between the various lines....however, my favorite nail technician in my home town, told me some time ago that he is from Viet Nam, as are most of the people in the nail salon business. Therefore, when I see an Oriental person working in a nail salon, I assume they are Vietnamese.....and the 'answer' on Jeopardy would seem to support that.

So, back to what Faldage was saying........when I see an Oriental person, I do not automatically think they are nail technicians. However, when I walk into a nail salon, I am now conditioned to expect to see Oriental people......I would be Very surprised to see a non-Oriental person!

So, technically, I am twice "guilty" of assumptions: first to assume all or most nail technicians are Oriental; second to assume all or most Oriental nail techinicians are Vietnamese. These assumptions are correct by default, however.......which is all I think Faldage was saying. :)