Several years ago, my youngest daughter comes home from school and starts bawling, "Daddy, they said I was a little, chinese girl." I look at her and say, "Baby, you *are* a little, chinese girl."

"Doh! I forgot!"

This list isn't about what most people really are offended by, it's about what some group of 'intellectuals' thinks people ought to be offended by.

There cure is worse than than the illness. Have many of you perused the modern textbook? I tutored physics, algebra, and mostly geometry a number of years. The organization of geometry books is intensely irritating. There are distracting colors and different sections - including the obligatory sections showing that women and non-whites have made presumably equal contributions to the subject. All kinds of things to draw your attention away from the gist of things.

The first thing I tell the students is this, "I know this stuff looks like a great jumble of nonsense. That's largely because it is. Don't waste your time trying to make sense of every sentence you read. If you're pressed for time, go straight for these little yellow sections. They tell you exactly what you need to know. If you have time and inclination, you can wade through the other stuff at your leisure."

No kidding. I look at these textbooks and get a headache - every time.

k