I'll just reply to a couple of things, and then let this go, , and pick it up again at another time, ...
there is nothing wrong with being a bookworm, I take pride in it as well, but I think that it is, generally, a negative term. that is, it gets used most often, negatively. if that is changing(and perhaps it is, with schools encouraging kids to read 25 books a year, and placing lists of kids who do on a big list to be admired), terrific, then more kids can take pride in it.
the other things on the list are there so that we take care in not thinking about them in only those terms. they are stereotypes, probably for good reason, but they represent a limited view of the world. remember we are talking about teaching children; about affecting their world view by the images that they are given on a daily basis, and if we continue to perpetuate the stereotypes, then that is the way that they will grow up thinking. I'm thinking of villians with black moustaches, or perhaps turbans? We need to be aware.

formerly known as etaoin...