Most of us don’t like being offensive; don’t want to offend with speech that might potentially hurt and are therefore careful with what we say. This is not being politically correct, there is nothing ‘political’ about it. As I see it, it is just a more refined and humane way of living and that is what we all try to constantly educate ourselves for.

The words in the list are for the large part, not banned words. They are draconian fatwas.
I have a special rant reserved for the ones on women. By constantly focusing on women as creatures that should be treated with the right politically treated kid gloves, we caricaturise and denigrate them more.

Men and boys larger and heavier than women and girls: Well,…. they ARE. And thank God for that. And if we supposedly feel demeaned by these comparisons with men and if we feel slighted by their heaviness and largeness, pray tell, why don’t we make more efforts to look more like them. Why don’t we stop shaving our legs, for one. And wear shirts and pants and ties and big brogue shoes. Flowing skirts, scarves, lipstick, trash them all…they are stereotypical. Why doesn’t the silly brigade that banned all these words now call for the ban on all forms of clothing or dress that differentiate between the sexes? Why only words that darkly hint at improper suggestions?

Women portrayed as teachers, mothers, nurses, and/or secretaries
Women as more nurturing than men
This makes me so mad I could burst a vessel. How ridiculous is this, I ask. What’s WRONG with nurturing? It is a wonderful thing. And women as mothers…. I don’t even know if I should dignify this. It is downright abominable. I am a woman, hard-nosed about my career, non-white, occasional spectacle wearer, bookworm, and after years and years of professional training, my biggest ambition today, is to be a mother. It is my personal belief that no achievement in life is bigger than parenting a child, nurturing it and guiding it on its way to being a sensitive, hard working, responsible and humane citizen of the earth. Finally, we will all be bones and dust; we are eternal only through our children. My heartiest appreciation and respect to all the mothers and fathers on this board and may your tribe ever increase.

And all the stuff about older people: I think it is disrespectful and an utter disgrace.

Courageous (banned as patronizing when referring to a person with disabilities)
Have these people heard of Eric Weihenmayer? If that is not courage, what is? Sometimes I think I am courageous for getting through a day that was incredibly tough by my standards. What do we say of people like him then?

Huts, yachts…..[shaking head in disbelief]. These people seem to have a lot of free time on their hands. And maybe I should get on with my day too instead of dignifying them with a rant.