Interesting discussion above--and it's good to keep it light.

Et', I honestly don't think there's anything insulting about being a bookworm. I certainly lived in books as a kid and was proud of being a bookworm. Now egghead? That sounds insulting to me because it gets directly into physique. I suppose you could argue the same for bookworm, but I've cozied myself down too often between the covers of a book, so I have a softer, more comfortable feeling for living there like a contented bookworm.

I don't like "snow person"--but this is taste. I just don't like the sounds there.

How 'bout this from the list:

"Hispanics as migrant workers "

Out here in Dinwiddie County we have many migrant workers who come here in the spring and summer to work with the crops. I know their labor is well appreciated and they are happy to come so far to profit their families back home. It's a way of life. I know from one of our big farmers out here that he respects their work, hires them regularly because they're reliable, and it appears to be a win-win situation. So, it would be off-limits to tell school children about their existence? (I haven't ever mentioned them since the subject has never come up in school, but am I to assume that their existence would be off-limits for discussion, reference, or inclusion in anything the kids read or sang about?) Weird.

And what about that most remarkable Bradbury short story about the boy who loved his teacher--who met with her to explore the biology of the area--and he returns to his hometown years later to learn she had died years ago? That story shouldn't be taught? And I suppose, being female, I shouldn't refer to myself as being a teacher? I guess I could wear a bag over my head so no unsuspecting child would be influenced by my stereotypical sex. I can see it now! Spring Run Elementary: The placed where all teachers, except the good Mr. Baldwin, wear bags over their heads. Ha!

And here's a good one from the site--note the last entry: eyeglasses:

Older people in nursing homes or with canes, walkers, wheelchairs, orthopedic shoes or eyeglasses

Eyeglasses! Man, that's an insult!! Don't you dare stage a musical and put a granny in that play with spectacles on her face! All our elderly characters in the play will have perfect vision! We ain't doin' no stereotypes in our stereotype-free play!

I better shut up. This material on your link, Juan, is good to take a look at. Grist for the mill.

Speaking of, I'm gonna go grind some corn now. And that's ok. I'm Irish, thrice-removed. Drat! But I'm a woman. Guess I shouldn't refer to grinding corn, huh? Well, then, I'll go play with the channel changer. I guess that's a safe reference till somebody tells me different.