Ooops

Just caught up with this. I hardy ever read this section of the group, too focussed and not rambly enough for me. I love the twists and turns that threads take and I like the mixture of long and short. I know that I posted the stuff in rules about starting new threads but that was really for the benefit of others and does spoil the fun just a teeny teeny bit. I do appreciate Maverick's concern though there really are a lot of posts at the moment. (If I posted alot last week, Your Honour, I was just back from a trip and was catching up and I do have to blame some other board members for being too amusing!)

I find discussion of subjects like Yarting and Ayleurs deeply boring as I dislike acronyms anyway and think that they tend to exclude new people. I'm sure I'm deeply guilty of using other "in jokes", so please don't mail me the examples. I find that I skim read a lot of things that I'm not particularly interested in. None of us are ever going to be interested in everything. I'm sure that some of us gravitate to some areas rather than others. I read Wordplay and Fun least, so I'd be sorry to see the jokes cut from everywhere else. I also think that some of the "Well done" comments help to make us all feel that we're not just talking in isolation to a heap of metal (says she in splendid isolation speaking to a heap of metal).

Oh well, another long post and I did think I'd try not to do that - drat.