I've restrained from commenting any on this for a while, but I don't really think frivolous conversation causes much harm in the time it takes to read everything on the board. Most of the conversational postings are but a line or two long and take no more than a couple of seconds to read before moving on to the next post. Though I don't want to shun the meat of the board's purpose, the most time consuming part is the very long, but interesting, essays on a subject. Last week I was away from the computer for about five days and on Saturday I found about 200 messages per category. The hardest thread to get through was 'Mogambo' because every single post was of considerable length and it took me quite a while to digest everything.

Don't take this negatively, but perhaps we could speak our minds more concisely. Part of the art of language is being able to express oneself in as few words as possible and I think, with so much being said, this is an art that we may need to accept. I don't want to hinder anyone's creativity, but I also don't want to lose some of our valued members.