Eaaooww…. That was just a comment on the article. I did not think it would generate such a response. But thank you all for your replies

Max : You are right. The word "fit in" was wrong. I should have used "to be understood." Sometimes the way we use words have a different meaning with the first language speakers of English. If I have come to know that my language is different. I have also come to like the differences. I think our English is more rhythmic and less dry. So absolutely Vive la difference

Marty : I know I speak good English. It is just that sometimes the English I speak conveys a different meaning to first language English speakers. I think the words "fit in" is an example. I meant not what you all took me to mean. And in the article the Barbara woman says just that. I work on my posts to prevent being misunderstood which is exactly what happened.

Tsuwm : Again not fit in but to be understood. All the types of English you mentioned are first language English speakers. Between the first language English speakers there is no trouble of loosing the meaning or changing the meaning in translation. With us we mean one thing and not necessarily is the same thing conveyed to monolingual English speakers with words used because of the translation. Yeah "phooey" to fitting in. Unfortunely "not phooey" to being misunderstood. (:

Emmanuela - I am not sure but think I dream in languageless thoughts… (thank god for that)

Bye