Tell me, why would Bush, as the governor of Texas, have any reason to know who the prime minister of Pakistan is?

Jazz, I would like to point something out. Perhaps the governor of Texas has no need for such things. I certainly can't tell you who most of the world leaders are, but I'm not running for president. We're not having an election for Governor of Texas here, we're talking about the President of the United States!!!!! This man will be more than just a leader of our country. He will be making decisions that affect world politics and economics for the next four years at least. Now do we want a man to go to some international peace talk in the Middle East without knowing who the people he's going to be talking to are? I heard him say once about someone who had just resigned (again, I don't remember the name or the exact situation, but it's not me running for president..) something to the effect of 'Good, that's one less difficult name for me to remember.' That's not really an attitude that I want one of the strongest leaders of the free world to propagate.

As to his intelligence, I didn't exactly say he was stupid. (or if I did, I did so out of frustration and anger. if i said any such thing, i apologize) He may be highly intelligent. I believe Napoleon was a genius but I don't want him running my country. And I certainly know that I used no such term as a lying pompous scum-bag. Tennessee, for your information, is a fairly conservative state. It surprises me not in the least that Bush won that state. (may I remind you that I spent the first 18 years of my life in Tennessee) By chance, Gore came from there, but I wouldn't necessarily call him indicative of the native population, at least of the half of the state that I am most familiar with.