I'm just a very opinionated person and I tend just to say things before thinking. I am reminded of what Anne Shirley said about a neighbor who didn't think before she criticized; it was something like, "How would it be if I went around sticking pins into people, then excused it by saying I'm sorry--that's just the way I am".

By way of a bit of education, my dear--oops, first let me say that I am glad that you felt you could join in. There are a number who are very timid about that. This is primarily a language-discussion board. As time has gone on, we have developed something of a family feeling towards one another, and have come to some understandings, some the easy way, others not. One of the understandings was that we would try to avoid starting non-word threads, but if we just couldn't help ourselves, we would try to put them in Miscellany. I believe that our little puppy dog was asking for help from friends, which all of us are generally happy to provide. Sometimes, hearing other peoples' opinions can affect one's own.
Another understanding we have come to is that we try to avoid potentially fraught discussions; politics and religion being prime candidates. For what it's worth, we seem to have "read between the lines" that, re: religion, we seem to have agreed "to each his own".
I expect you may have gone through school being smarter than everyone else. You may not find that to be so, here. If that turns out to be the case, it will become apparent, in time. You did not ask for my opinion, but I am going to put it anyway: to me, your screen name is pretty much the equivalent of announcing to people at the outset that you believe they are inferior to you. You might want to give some consideration to what effect that might have on people, in how they will relate to you, both here and in real life.