Yes, it's produced as a stage production all the time....it's an enchanting experience. And it's become something of a standard for university drama departments to produce, since it is such good voice-training.

>Jackie said: the actors must have to have mellifluous voices<

All good actors should have rich voices, the voice is the actor's instrument, their tool...traditionally, stage actors were trained to fill 'the room' with the resonance and projection of their voices, "to hit the back wall" as it was called in theatrical circles. I view the day that microphones were introduced to the Broadway stage as a dark, blasphemous day for the art of the theatre, and I still cringe whenever I see a miked stage production...it dilutes, terribly, the intimacy of live theatrical performance. Good actors have good voices.

And, remember, Dylan Thomas was Welsh. And the Welsh tradition of oratory is almost sacred to them. The Welsh view the majesty of a rich human voice, through oratory or singing, with a respect and reverence like no other...except perhaps the Irish. That's why Thomas's poetry is some of the most oratorical verse ever written, which I celebrate since I've always viewed poetry as an oratorical, or even dramatic, artform. (see Walt Whitman )