They don't, or at least didn't, fence in the herd in Yellowstone Park: the "buffles", as my daughter called them years ago, simply walk right through them. There are some, raised privately, right here in Louisville. (Presumably behind electrified fencing!) They are enormous creatures, definitely of the earth, because they're too heavy to be of the air; some have shoulders the heighth* of a man.

*Apparently I have used a word that isn't a true word. But this is the way I pronounce it, when I'm using height in this sense. Here's what Atomica notes:
USAGE NOTE The pronunciation of height with a final (th), (hîth), which is rarely heard now, reflects the original spelling and pronunciation of the word in Old English. During the Middle English period, the (th) varied with (t), with the final (t) predominating after the 15th century. Another pronunciation, with a (th) sound coming after (t), (hîtth), is often heard, but it is generally regarded as nonstandard. In a recent survey, 90 percent of the Usage Panel disapproved of this pronunciation, which probably came about by association with width, breadth, and length.

But, back to the quote: did you-all notice that all the references are to either light or warmth, two things that we humans have craved since the dawn of time?