OK guys, chill out about the lead and x-rays. The special thing about x-rays, is that nothing stops them 100%. Sorry to break it to y'all. The reduction in the amount of dose that gets through is related exponentially* to the amount of lead (or other material) in the beam. Therefore those lead vests you wear during dental x-rays reduce the dose to below a certain amount which is far less than what you get from background radiation, and which is considered acceptably low-risk. Trust me, it's gobs less than your average dose from rocks, cosmic rays, etc. It is not exactly zero dose but it is "low enough" (and let's not get into another discussion of limits here) not to cause you any harm.

* so if one layer of lead of a given thickness reduces the dose by 1/2, another layer added on will reduce by 1/2 again (giving 1/4 of the dose), and another layer will reduce by 1/2 again (giving 1/8 of the dose)...unlike the limit discussion in Q&A, you can really only put a finite thickness of lead between the x-rays and the film, so depending on where you want to stop, you get a rather small but nonzero amount of x-rays going through. And maybe the lead-lined bags for airports don't have enough lead to make one whit of difference. To figure that out, I need (a) the thickness of lead in the bags, and (b) the energy of x-rays used in the machines. I have the books with the rest of the numbers needed to figure out if your film would be affected.