Hi! As for curling, I suggest one of those curling irons that run on a self-contained heater thingies. Any good shop can help you out.
Meanwhile, I strongly recommend this place :
http://www.Magellans.com
I have bought tons of stuff from them and never been disappointed in the quality. They have pages and pages and pages of all kinds of adaptors in the catalogue! EDIT : They have a link for residents of the UK.
The website has all kinds of info on travel including packing. There is a contact point for specific info on a place.
Magellans has been a Godsend to me in buying gifts for My Son The Major who travels all over the Far East for the Army. Plus he and his Lovely Wife have travelled to Europe and found Magellans stuff a huge convenience.
One thing I found that's great is one-time-use plastic locks. You snap them on and the only way to open your luggage is by cutting them off. BUT better check with specific airline as to the regulations on locked luggage as
there are new security regs.
Oh, and Magellans has a bag for film which allows it to go through Xray without damage! A professional Pho-Jo friend swears by it. He got the catologue and bought the Many Pocket Vest ( a real investment) because it is very handy for him. But then he travels with no fewer than three cameras! So the Vest may not be for anyone but the serious Pho-Jo!