Thanks very much for the information and suggestions about what clothing to take.

I think Rubrick's idea to wait a week before the trip to make final decisions is a good one. I do remember reading in the description of the cottages that there are washers and dryers, so that's good. Could just wash the same couple of pairs of jeans. I am *so* determined not to overpack this time.

One other thing. Blow dryers/curling irons. I know ours from the US won't work over there. Is there some kind of very inexpensive place--like our Wal-Marts over here--where we could get a blowdryer and curling iron? I cannot believe that I am sitting here asking this question, but it's something else that would be awfully nice to know in advance. Jeans, shirts, light sweater, jacket--I'm fine. That's light. But I really would like to be able to dry my hair and curl it, too. If it will be absolutely impossible to dry and curl my hair, then I must back out and say I cannot make it to Ireland.

Ha!!! Psych! I'm just kidding!!! Of course, I'd still go, but I'd have to develop another blow-dryerless plan.

Thanks for being so patient with these questions.

WW