and arrive at WAPI on the 10th.

Ted, please don't. We won't be there until the 15th!!! See dates at the top of the thread.

Donegal is fantastic and you won't be disappointed. My grandmother was from there and my biggest regret is that I didn't travel there when she was alive. Be sure to visit Glenveigh national park which is just stunning. You may be lucky enough to see one of the golden eagles which were reintroduced to Ireland from the US fifteen years ago. The last indigenous ones were hunted to extinction a century ago.

As for film I'm a keen photographer and take my camera with me on all my trips. As a rule I take everything as cabin baggage and pack only my tripod and other hardies in my hold luggage. The x-ray machine used for hold luggage is much more powerful than the one used for passengers and cabin baggage so your films stand a much better chance of survival staying with you. I carried back tewlve rolls of film from NY in December 2001 (after stringent security was introduced) and they all came out perfectly.