Much though I dislike having to say it, 'guys' or something equally neutral will probably do just fine. As I recall, the whole business started because someone wanted a more positive, or rousing way in which to get the attention of all the 'guys' here. Certainly the notion was not to exclude anybody by having a special word, or an 'in' group that nobody else could belong to.

In fact, if, say, 'ayleur' had found favour, then by definition, anybody who posted here would be an 'ayleur' - all are welcome.

As a second point - you are not necessarily defined by your appellation. I could be an ayleur, a temp, a man, a bachelor, a Brit, and many more things besides. What would get my goat, though, would be somebody deciding to treat me as if I was only, and exclusively, one of those things. I doubt that the 'guys' here are in danger of suffering from that - we know too much about the language, and about the Internet. To believe that anybody here is purely a 'guy' or an 'ayleur' would be so silly as to be almost surreal. (Actually, I have my doubts about Tsuwm - whom I strongly suspect of being one of Alan Turing's Universal Machines, or perhaps one of Rossum's Universal Robots?)

cheer

the sunshine warrior