Not one thing in my OP was in conflict with this statement and so there must be something else that is a requirement, elsewise my statement would not have been associated with imperialism.

Just a generic wish FF, (more like a wistful thought). I did not imply or intend to either, that you said anything to the contrary.

I don't understand why 'reasons' is quoted above.

That's just me trying to tell everyone who's reading, that I am stressing tonally, on the word reasons, that's all. I struggle with transliterating intonation

As for the allusion to imperialism, it seemed like a bit of a sweeping statement to make, the one about people being 'told' that they 'should' be offended and therefore they are. It is as far as I know, quite a difficult task to brainwash a mass of people to believe in something like that. Especially, in the current omnipotent culture of globalisation, wherein people despite different ethnic backgrounds want to blend imperceptibly, acutely aware, that it is in the blending, that belonging, imaginary or otherwise, can blossom. When such is the urge, it is extremely difficult to sustain a feeling of being offended, unless the stimulus is offensive in the first place.