As for the other, I think that in the main the guys who are offended by this are the ones who were told that they ought to be offended.

Dear FF, That seems like an imperialistic stance

As I said previously, PC as it is practiced is an attempt to associate people with beliefs they do not hold, ideas they have not expressed, and actions they have not performed.

Also, even if a lot of things have changed in the last fifty years of the past century, many of the 'reasons', why the problems started in the first place still exist.

I don't understand why 'reasons' is quoted above. Entirely agreed. But - in the context of this discussion - this sounds a lot like the starting point of the implicit argument that is often made "People who agree with us are morally correct and those who disagree are morally incorrect and therefore whatever we say must be true and whatever demands we make are justified and correct."

All it takes, is for us to live and let live, to let cultures and civilisations co-exist and to assimilate as much as we can and not be dismissive of the ones that we dont agree with.

That's not really 'all' now is it? Not one thing in my OP was in conflict with this statement and so there must be something else that is a requirement, elsewise my statement would not have been associated with imperialism.

Happy New Year,
k