I'm interested to learn how other people got to know about AWAD (the word-a-day email service) and this board AWADtalk.

In my case it went like this... I saw a newspaper ad with a really odd title, something like NOT A SUN IN PERU (but that's not quite right). Turns out it was an ad for superannuation, and quite a clever one, using anagrams for many of the keywords. At the bottom, in very fine print, was an acknowledgement of Anu Garg's Internet Anagram Server http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html.

I checked out the URL, and was immediately captivated to see the words INTERNET ANAGRAM SERVER rearrange themselves to form I, REARRANGEMENT SERVANT. I plugged a few names into the system, marvelled at the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of words that were returned very quickly, and thought, cute. Some weeks later I followed a link from that page to the AWAD home page, signed up for the AWAD mail, and then on to AWADtalk. I read AWADtalk postings for a while until one day I felt the urge to contribute to one of the discussions.

What's your story?

(Apologies if you've done this before, but I guess we've had a lot of strangers join us since then, anyway)