I've read one of the stories posted above and would like someone point out one in which there's a clear report of what happened--all the known circumstances. It sounds like an accident. I do wonder why were the girls in the road so close to a tank? Tanks are intimidating, and I cannot imagine walking close to one--they are loud and scary. It seems one's instincts would be to walk far away from a tank. But I don't know the circumstances here. Narrow street? Nowhere to run? Nowhere to hide?

And certainly the intent of the driver of the tank was not to kill. This was a tragic accident, and one in which hindsight turns out, again, to be the best guide.

Has anyone read whether any kind of reparation will be paid to the families of the girls who died?

I feel sorrow in considering how the families of the girls must feel, and I hope that they will come to forgive the man who drove the tank.

This is certainly a rare, freak accident, and I hope it will not cause our Korean friends to distrust us or to believe harm was intended.