I just accomplished something at work that I thought I couldn't do, so I am rewarding myself by posting to this forum for the first time.

Inventing the word "dextrocentric" seemed obviously necessary to me when my daughter started using her hands for things beyond the random infantile waving and poking of self in eye: i.e., eating, drawing, using scissors, etc. She was obviously left handed, and suddenly my consciousness was raised about how many processes in our daily lives use tools that operate on the assumption that the person using them is right handed. And I say, when a phenomenon exists, it needs a name.

When I used the term in speaking to one of my co-workers, he thought I was talking about dextrose at first. I told him the words were related, that dextrose is probably a right handed molecule. He asked me how you could tell a molecule was right handed, so I suggested he watch it write a check. I don't remember enough chemistry to know how a molecule can be right handed, I just know it can.

This is my bid for immortality.