"Jammy" means unreasonably lucky, TEd. (unreasonable in the eye of the beholder, that is! )

So far as I know - and it is infinitessimally possible that I might be wrong - it derives from the saying, "S/He's got jam on both sides of his bread." - meaing he is receiving more than his/her fair share of the good things in life.

It depends on tone of voice to be really sure whether you are bitter or not about the pother persons good fortune. The Sun is undoubtedly bitter. And stupid. If it really does reform the youth ( a debatable matter, without doubt) then it is certainly to be applauded.
It is far more likely, says he, cynically, that the youth will drink and drug himself into an early grave. Which The Sun no doubt will applaud.

I should point out, for those who do not know our wonderful country, that The Sun represents all that is the worst in Britain. It is a truly dreadful newspaper. thanks for the proof-reading, AS - you'll have to come to Ireland for the Guinness, though.

EDIT: Ha, curses - pipped to the post by modgod!!! (Couldn;t have been done by a nicer person)