WordWind, I think I see what Ryan is getting at.

It does seem funny that "I am..." is proper grammar, until you re-replace the pronoun with the noun it was originally replacing (!); that is, you substitute "WordWind" for "I". Then, even though you may still be talking about yourself, the verb changes to third person singular! Why should it - you're still talking about yourself! (Just pointing out the failure in logic here and waiting for Faldage to make some dry remark about logic and English being mutually exclusive...)

I find the example of "Jeremy don't want to" very interesting, and that construction is possibly more logical than "Jeremy doesn't want to" when talking about oneself. Jeremy's logic must have gone something like this:

"I don't want to" -> I'd like to make this more emphatic, I think I'll use my name instead of I, but I'll keep don't because I'm still referring to I here, and that's the verb that goes with the concept of I -> "Jeremy don't want to"

So somehow Jeremy forms that sentence from a deeper understanding of the concept of I in the language. He thinks that the verb form don't, pointing to himself, is more important than the pronoun used to do the pointing. Interesting, hey?