you find others, even old timers, have been called to task this week for similar (albeit shorter, and less lascivous) posts of similar nature
Like "Don't miss!-Shocking new OZ cultural phenomenon!", de Troy? That thread drew almost 600 views (more than any other current thread I can find) and 54 replies.

Thank you for your guidance, de Troy, and your willingness to cut me some slack. Now that you have explained everything, I see that I was wrong to ask Fishonabike a question about bike design. In my own defence, I can only say that my question was sincere, and, once Fishonabike gave me his informed reply, I did not explore the subject further.

In any event, it would be a bit of a stretch to call my interest or my post "lascivious". Cycling is pretty much a universal activity in our society and the study I mentioned was reported as serious science in a respectable newspaper. I did use the term "private parts" in my post, but that reference did not excite a fraction of the interest generated by the far more explicit "Oz cultural phenomenon" thread. That thread produced a sustained frenzy of discussion about "penis puppetry".

Incidentally, my take on the Oz Phenom thread was the same as my take on the stage performance itself. It didn't tickle my fancy so I didn't choose to buy a ticket or join in the reviews. No offence to those who did. To each his own.