new studies that link bicycling to impotence, and the new bicycle seats

Yeah, red, heard about potential links between cycling and impotence quite a while ago when, as it happens, I was cycling considerably more than at present. To be honest it never worried me and still doesn't. You're not in a fixed position (exerting pressure on a fixed point) while cycling - you're always moving. Also I find I'm rarely if ever putting my full weight on the seat. A lot of the time at least half my weight is on the pedals.

To the extent that you cycle a lot and actually find your bike seat uncomfortable, it's probably worth exploring the options. When you're first buying a bike, the type of seat must be a consideration, but at some stage when you've established a pattern of use you may reconsider your choice. I happen to have been perfectly happy (and have stuck with) the basic firmish gel seat that I started with a few years back.

But otherwise this looks suspiciously like a marketing ploy to me. Bikes (and even bike accessories) can last for many years if you buy reasonable quality kit and look after it properly. There are people who must really hate that.