On an escalator
Good one, FishonaBike. I hadn't thought of that angle.

This is off-topic, but, as there isn't a lot of interest in this thread, perhaps no-one will mind. I see from your bio that when you are not fishing, you are cycling, and sometimes you are doing both. I cycle a bit myself and I wonder what you think about the new studies that link bicycling to impotence, and the new bicycle seats which have arrived on the market to address the problem.

According to an article in yesterday's Wall Street Journal (October 15th at page D1 entitled "Score One for the Couch Potatoes"), "The problem which can also occur with stationary bikes, is one of simple physics. ... When someone [yes, women are affected too] gets on a bicycle seat, the weight is distributed over a much smaller area [than when seated on a chair], increasing the pressure on the crotch by 5 or 6 times. A typical bike seat directs all that pressure against the perineum, the part of the body that contains the nerves and arteries to the the genitals. Women can also experience numbness and sexual dysfunction as a result." "To address the problem, a handful of seat makers have introduced nose-less, split-seat bike saddles which ... ease the pressure on the perineum and allow for normal blood flow to the genital area." Some names of the new bike saddles: "The BiSaddle", "The Milano", "The Seat from Ergo" and "The EasySeat" from Hobson.

Sounds like you do a lot of your cycling while treading water, Fishonabike, so perhaps buoyance relieves the pressure on your private parts. Any thoughts on this subject? My interest is genuine as I enjoy cycling myself ... altho I do most of my cycling on dry land.
[When you cycle "off road", you really! cycle "off road", dont't you? ]