i was taught, dinner is the main meal of the day, you may take your dinner midday, or early evening, or even late, but it is the most substantial meal.

Supper is alway a last (latest meal) before sleeping.

breakfast, is always the first meal of the day, from times past, in the old catholic canon, you had to have a 12 hour fast before recieving communion, so you went to mass first, and the broke your fast; breakfast was when you would break- your -fast. since a wedding would often be a church affair, (and since many of the rules of the church of engand are very similar to roman catholic rules) i suspect one would have a 'wedding breakfast' the parties would fast, be married at a ceremony that included a mass, take communion, and after break their fast.

my grandparents (in ireland) always had dinner at mid day, and their evening meal was tea. i can't remember if tea was more substantial than dinner, but it did often include hot food like boiled potatoes, and meat.

we always had dinner in the evening - except for sunday dinner, which was usually about 3 or 4 (breakfast was late, 9 or 10 or even 11 depending on which mass we went to)
in the evening (after 7 or so) we would have fruit or cheese, or some times soup-- but it was not quite an organized meal, rather just bits and pieces.

Lunch and luncheon was an american word/concept to my parents. my mother was particularlly confused by luncheonettes. Who would eat in one she wondered? she like to go to a pastry shop, and sit and have a cup of tea, and maybe a bit of sweet, but eat lunch out?
you took your lunch with you, going to work, or we children came home, and at lunch at home.

now, more often than not, i eat meal in front of the television, and i am very flexible about time and what i eat when.

but no one has brought up brunch-- the term for a late breakfast, early lunch, (11 ish or so) that friend often get together for on weekends. it's not quite breakfast, since many times, you have already had coffee and juice, if not solid food, and the food served is more substantial than breakfast fare.