[f. name n. The use of sake is peculiar, but the comb. may have originated in two persons or things being mentioned or coupled together ‘for the name's sake’: for examples of name-sake in this sense, see sake.]
A person or thing[E.A] having the same name as another.
1646 Sir T. Browne Pseud. Ep. 170 Nor [does] the Dog~fish at sea much more make out the Dog of the land, then that his cognominall or name-sake in the heavens. 1657 J. Watts Vindic. Church Eng. 89, I shall here dehort you from being of Iohn and Iames, (though you are the name-sake of the one). 1712 Addison Spect. No. 482 32 Another..subscribes herself Xantippe, and tells me, that she follows the Example of her Name-sake. 1797 F. Burney Let. June, It was a very sweet thought to make my little namesake write to me. 1826 Scott 26 Mar. in Croker Papers (1884) I. 319, I enclose a letter for your funny namesake and kinsman. 1867 Freeman Norm. Conq. (1877) I. iv. 182 The unhappy descendant and namesake of the great Emperor.
attrib. 1650 Fuller Pisgah ii. 64 Looking southward behold the City of Nebo, at the foot of its namesake mountain. 1860 Forster Gr. Remonstr. 26 Postponing Luke to lucre; and setting more store by a handful of marks than by all the doctrines of their namesake saint.

yes, the answer is clearly d, in that no relationship is implied.