of Troy:

We'll have to keep our eyes peeled on the moon this year. For a fact I've seen an orange moon. Can't ever recall having seen a rose moon, but who knows? I'll turn moon watcher this year and keep you posted.

Now purple hair: Yes. Some jet black hair, very silkly and oily, will get a purple cast to it in certain light.

And colors are affected, as you've noted, in different ways at various times of day and by various workings in the sky with or against the sun.

I read an account of historical volcanic eruptions recently in which the eruption of Tambora on the island of Sumbawa in 1815 caused snow to fall in 1816 in a variety of colors: red, brown and yellow snow. What's happening in the stratosphere has a lot to do with the colors we see. The sun in 1816 wasn't quite right either. It was described as not shining, but was often dull red. And the earth was cold with corn in some locations not developing fully--staying green through Novemember. A contemporary observer said what occurred was a reverse greenhouse effect.

And I thought: Hmmmm. Need to reverse the greenhouse effect? Well, just go construct a volcanic eruption on the amplitutde of Tambora. Of course, make sure that there's enough food stored for everybody before you carry out the construction and cause the eruption!

Blast regards,
WW