When I was a child, we went to the Netherlands on holiday. The breakfast at the hotel was unforgettable. Among many other things there were those chocolate sprinkles on the table, to be sprinkled on the buttered bread. And we were told they are called "gestampte muisjes", which means: crushed mice.

oooh, sorry, as someone of dutch origin I have to disagree on this one - muisjes are the tiny little pink and white aniseed balls that you sprinkle on your bread. The chocolate stuff is called 'hagelslag' (not sure how to describe how to pronounce that one though!).

Back to the original topic, jimmies or jim-jams were what we called our pyjamas when we were little. Hadn't ever heard of the words referring to anything else. Are these American usages or are they found elsewhere?