If you had more than one room with en suite, you would say so. A double room means a room which has enough room (in theory) for a double bed (double/queen/king) plus the usual bedroom furniture. Real estate agents have an interesting interpretation of just how much room that isn't ...

Some of you USns may not realise just how much smaller, on average, houses are in some other countries. I remember, as a kid watching TV, that American homes on TV seemed huge. And the reality is that American homes that I've been in (apart from mobile homes) do seem larger than Zildish houses. But for sheer compactness, you need to see modern English houses. I think there's a government plot to help the BMA study cabin fever. They build a shoebox on end on a plot not much larger than we get if we're buried and it's called an executive 4-bedroomed home and they charge you £240,000 for the privilege of getting claustrophia in one of them. And all the rooms are doubles. Right. Get real. In most of them if you put two double beds on the same floor end to end, the bed end would be sticking out of the outside wall ... and that wouldn't be difficult because from the number of complaints about shoddy building standards you'd think the whole lot were put up by Jerry.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...