Remember, if you don't vote you get exactly the kind of representation you deserve!

Here are this round’s entries. (EDITED: The word is mackenzie.) I will freely admit that some of them are so clever that I am tempted to vote for them myself. Just tempted, mind you!

At the end of the competition I am going to reveal the entire definition as forwarded to me for each of these. I did some editing to make them all pretty much equal in “value”, eliminating some very clever explanations that accompanied the definitions you see before you. Would it be fair to say that voting closes at 2400 Zulu time next Sunday? If you want longer that’s fine by me.

A. a valve which introduces steam into a small chamber attached to the flywheel of a compound steam engine in order to slow it down. A form of steam-brake.

B. a large switch-blade knife with a leather grasp

C. a heavy overcoat for cold/raw weather, used in Australia and other places south of the equator - analogous to the Mackintosh of Northern climes.

D. explorer, adventurer -- someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose)

E. The tendency for daughters of celebrities to devolve into drug and alcohol addiction at the peak of her career. See also: tatum.

F. Scottish slang for male genitalia

G. An applause meter

H. a device that facilitates downhole borehole location.

I. A device for mechanically threading automated knitting machines, designed by E. W. MacKenzie during the industrial boom of the 1800s.

J. A hold from traditional freestyle (a.k.a. "Lancashire") wrestling.

K. anyone or anything that is hopelessly old-fashioned

L. to incur a debt of honour or to apply for protection

M. a jocular term for the faux-German spoken on TV shows such as Hogan's Heros, from mach und zie

N. A Choctaw version of the English fox hunt.

O. Any telescopic umbrella.

TEd