belM

I suppose whether you prefer a prestated list of rules has quite a bit to do with what type of person you are. I am self conscious around strangers. Especially if they Might be smarter (better educated) than me. For that reason, I'm less likely to just jump feet first into something I don't quite understand. Perhaps rules aren't quite what we need sent to all the newbies (strangers?) but rather more of an explanation of how things work. Even if it had simply been technical information, 'when you push this button this happens, and if you type blue in square brackets your text turns blue' that would have helped me to get on my feet wet. It wouldn't necessarily need to be limited to that. A suggested guidelines for the rules of conduct could be included, or explanations for how to find things.

Yes, you might be more yourself if not presented with 'rules' but for those of us who don't care to wander blindly through things, some how-to's would be very helpful. Whatever was sent out could be worded such that it is both informative and unimposing. And for those who don't care for what they read, let them ignore it.

(After spell checking my post I am reminded how confusing 'Enigma' can be until you realize what a strange little world the poor thing must live in to come up with such strange corrections. That would be another thing worth explaining in our proposed Welcome letter.)