I have thankfully returned, for however long, from the land of no-connectivity. May I issue a belated welcome to all who have joined since I was last able to view/post? (Aside:
I can't help but wonder if Cursquid is a relative of Jazzoctopus.)

Marty, you said. "Having been implicated in this issue...".
My dear, I didn't pick up any ref.'s to you. I expect most of us are guilty of posting something less than our best, at times.
Your seeds of destruction comments scared me, though! Aack!
Oh, I hope not! I think it was my sweet shanks who said that most boards tend to develop their own culture. This would be a natural phenomenon, I think, as groups of people in physical proximity do the same thing. This is the only
place on the Internet where I interact with other people, and I made the scary decision to start here, because of the content, and the people who were posting then. I've only even looked at one other discussion board, and that brief time was enough for me--man, those people were mean!

Bridget, I like your idea of bridges! :-) We all need to do that, in the real and the virtual worlds, if we hope to have any understanding given or received. If some people understand one another and are satisfied with insults and being rude, they can do that. I won't be there. That way of interacting is beyond my comprehension: why on earth would I deliberately try to insult or hurt someone? I simply can't imagine doing that, and if it is directed at me, I am left speechless with incomprehension. I do sometimes employ, and enjoy, "friendly" insults--this is the kind where both parties think it is funny.

I fervently hope this Board keeps its high level of consideration for others.

Oh, yes--Marty, is that insult thing what you meant by
"flaming"? Burning, =hurting? Ouch.