Thanks for a good question that made me think of my work ? . I disagree that Molecular biology is about chemical formulas. Of course, we were studying them but once the course of biological chemistry was over I am not quite (and the majority of Mol.Biologists) forgot them but I have an idea about the building stones of a cell and this is enough for my work.

Mol. Biology to Classic Biology is something like being a User to being a Programmer. The former can like his little cute notebook but the latter knows the rules of its work . Well, there is nothing warm and fuzzy in the lab, only test tubes, liquids and powders in big and small bottles and plastic boxes. And a Molecular Biologist mixes liquids and powders and uses numerous clever machines to look at what is inside a living (not necessary) cell.

May it is better to give you some examples of application of MB. Identification of criminals using the smallest samples like a hair – DNA fingerprints, detection of heritable diseases in embryos, making genetically modified bacteria that produce human hormones or new antibiotics, making GM plants (not very popular at the moment) and animals (Dolly the sheep).

Molecular Biology is a wonderful thing, believe me! A bacteria and a man have DNA in their cell and some genes are similar despite of 2 billion years of evolution. My science is about most fundamental laws of life.