Hi shanks. The folks around here seem to be quite happy about your return. I look forward to future posts.

To answer your initial question. I find a also talk in complete sentences most of the time. An exception to this is Sunday dinners at my parents' house, where 15 of us are sitting around the dinner table talking of this and that. In those circumstances you can be carrying on a conversation with a couple of people at the same time - putting your two-cents in, here and there. My sentences do not often meander but two consecutive sentences can be about two completely different subjects.

The only circumstance in which I dumb down my vocabulary and speak in 'duck speak' (à la 1984) is when talking to our v.p. at work. She gets very upset if I talk create full sentences and take up her valuable time (picture disgusted roll of the eyes here).

As to accents...a little <in> from me to all the gentlemen from across the pond...the ladies on our end can't tell one Englishman/Australian from an other based on their accents but they find them all sexy.

Hmmm, it's funny how an accent can seem so exotic when it comes from a different country yet so plain when it comes from your own.