One always wants to slip in a B-part somewhere to mix things up hey, etaoin? Lively instrumentation and a driving performance can give the most modest of progressions some excellent dynamism, no doubt. It all depends on mood and setting, and the relationship between form and meaning, whether very circular works can have a profound effect. The mood of that U2 song our Pisces mentions is, in some respects, that of (futile?) ‘waiting’ (‘and I wait without you’ are some of the lyrics I think). The unvarying line thus contributes to the meaning. I like that song too, but I think my favourite ballads are all more complex). Electronic music often uses the relentless repetition of basic chordal patterns, or some prickly ascending bass line to, amongst other things, get you moving. Now we are, once again becoming fanatics of the rotund rhythms and tunes, as we’ve realised their mediative qualities. I mean – I like a symphony too – but if you let yourself go in the second movement, you end up getting a rude shock at the next allegro!

Fishona, I have a very strange perspective of particle physics, I've always wondered why subatomic particles are named after curd cheese!

BTW, '-on' is just an ending to indicate a singularity, a thing, a noun. The '-ino' ending just means 'a small thing' as far as I know.