Language

This is what I am mainly interested in. As one would expect, the language of Americans, or to be more precise, of people living in New -York, is not always clear. Like in our country, the intelligence speaks plainly, intelligibly, figuratively. Like in our country, less educated speak indistinctly. [indistinguishable] Once I giggled, when in the underground were quarrelling [quarrels] two Afro-American [aft] moms, [Mona] their weight was roughly 200 kilos [kiloton] (height about 165 cm [coach] and age no more than 25). Their shout was difficult to bear, but it was only possible to understand (percentage): f*** [Faber] 50%, bitch 25%, shut up 25%. Everything else was some syncretic act of will, inseparable into phrases, words or sounds. The performance had been going on during 5 minutes and when one of the moms [Mona] had left and the other had stayed on the train, both have been very satisfied.

Journalists on television speak diversely too. It is very pleasant to listen to some analysts, despite the intricate phrases that are used sometimes. It is more difficult to understand comedians more as they use plenty of idioms [idiosyncrasies] that force the American audience to cry from laughing, I sit like an idiot thinking what was so funny It is amazingly delightful to listen to the BBC [be] news from Britain: a fine English, no wordplays, [words] no additional ?r? [Rabat] Now and then, when you listen to some American announcers, you can hardly set apart separate words under a thick layer of hanging "r". [Rabat] For example, the word "perhaps" can be pronounced as ?pRaps?. [prate] Nevertheless, I feel that all I understand everybody around better and better. The habit, probably.

Usual people speak in a different manner A driver of the underground train never announce the name of a stop Atlantic Avenue He says approximately ' tlAnic Avn. Afro-Americans are the main part of the personnel of the underground, they do not stress ?R? [Rabat] but "A", pronounced like in ?apple? and under very strong accent while the rest of the word is chewed up and lost. Manhattan clerks irrespective of the color of their skin have a specific New York accent. It is a slightly lisping pronunciation with soft L "and" R [Rabat] I understand them although I can not speak like this. I think I will learn how to do it.

You can imagine the manner of speech of the emigrants from former USSR. [usual] Besides children have learned at school a "teenage" English which is clear only to them. At present I have an impression that 50% of teenage speech consists of two phrases: A?roonou [arose] "and" Shjarap It means ?I don't know? and ?shut up" The rest of it are interjections, exclamations and giggles. But this is exactly the situation in Belarus - parents do not understand the language of their teenage children.

In general concerning the language of Russian emigrants speaking with Americans and the tendencies noticed by me. American simpletons [simplex] (there are enough of them even in US) say ?I don't know? as A'ronnou. [a] Our simpletons [simplex] enthusiastically accept it as real American pronunciation. They watch o [O'Brien] TV [twain] only Russian programs, therefore they do not hear normal speech. The same occurs with ?twenty?, which the same way turns into ?twoni?. [twos] Recent Russian (and not only Russian) emigrants sorry with Russian ?R?, [Rabat] and father as ?phasae , sister - systeR, brother - brathaeR. Besides our emigrants have developed an idiotic Russian where Russian grammar plus input , declination and conjugation of English language are used. For example: On whom are you applying? (To apply to submit the application, say, for work)