Dear ewein:

You wrote, "I realized that it might be rejected--but by Anu, since it is his board."

If Keiva wanted a response from Anu, why didn't he send a PM to "wordsmith"? Why did he publish his intentions on the forum? A forum proposal would, by design, call forth public response. And those responses could be negative. That's the nature of the beast.

I cannot begin to number the times I have contacted Anu privately--at least four times, but, perhaps, more. When I addressed Anu publicly, however, I did so in the hope that there would be public response to support whatever I wrote.

I would think that, had Keiva addressed Anu privately first, then, had Anu given serious consideration to Keiva's proposal, that proposal could have been set forth for public discussion.

You see, by Keiva's publicly declaring his proposal, he, in effect, asked for public response.

And because Keiva's proposal has been made in a public forum, I must add expression of my belief that it appears to be a riduclous proposition for many of the reasons that have been made above. Keiva has caused too much time to be taken away from the purpose of the board to receive any kind of pay-off in setting up his own board.

Someone commented in some communication about all the troubles on the board that the world is very large--billions!--and that Keiva's setting up of a new board is a good idea. It may have been the writings of jmh--memory serves me poorly now.

But what a truth that is! Let Keiva examine successful boards. I would invite him to take a look at maestronet.com. That is a wonderful music discussion board. Let him ask his friends about other successful boards to examine. And then let him design his own word board in whatever way he can create a winner. I sincerely wish him well in creating something of value that will let him express his best qualities.

Best regards, as always,
Theresa