An open letter to Anu Garg

Dear Anu,

I hope this proposal will resolve disagreements that are pending on the AWADtalk board.

Of your many AWAD subscribers, quite a few have registered with the board. Some registrants feel comfortable enough to post there regularly (but would prefer that I leave that board); others have, for whatever reason, not felt the existing board to be to their tastes.

I propose, at my expense, to set up and run a similar board, with identical software but with a more active "administrative role" (as discussed below). It will doubtless develop a different character, and both new and existing posters can feel free to post on either board or both, according to their preference. Your main AWAD site would inform its users of both boards, so that they can take their choice as they prefer.

Since you (and not I) know where to get that board-software, I'll need your cooperation to set up the second board. But with your background expertise in running this board, that will be quite easy for you.

I'll be glad to leave the existing board, as a number of people there wish, if we can agree upon and implement something along these lines.

This is only a discussion-proposal - but if this concept is acceptable, let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can work out the details, put my commitment in writing, and implement as soon as possible. Thank you.