Drat. Of course my computer died when I spilled the coffee into it, and so I've lost the adjective for "turkey" that tsuwm dug up. I wish (click heels three times) that someone would resuscitate it.

Turkey and beauty: They are. At least the wild ones I've seen here in Virginia. Theirs are feathers of truly exotic iridescence: maroons, deep golds, coffee browns, dark forest greens--all mingled like some feathery liqueur. The turkey's colors are very deeply colored and exotic. [How does one explain paisley's coming from Scotland. Makes no sense to me. Paisley seems to be by far more Indian than Scot, speaking of the exotic.]

It's the turkeys' big-bellied bodies that make them appear to be cumbersome and comical. And the wattles don't help much, either.

Put the turkey on a diet, throw in some aerobic exercise, lose the wattles (and those other hanging red dangling things), set it into sunlight, and, voila! There's a bird worth recording in the annals of beauty. And it could use a change of name, too. Turkey isn't a word with much inherent beauty. Tuh---errrrrrrrr----kuh----eeeeee. Jolting, it is.

PS: Again, can anybody pull up the adjective form just one more time?