Hi, of troy!

I want to set the record straight about the nature of friendship as I see it. I would have to say that I am a friend to Keiva. Not a close friend, but at least one who wishes him well, and I'm sincere in that wish.

However, I believe friends can have serious disagreements about conduct. I believe friends can do things that we believe are categorically wrong and injurious. I believe friends can even do things that make it impossible for a long, long while for our continuing what was once an exchange of humor and lightness. We can condemn the actions of friends, separate ourselves from them under dire circumstances, but, deep inside, still hope for their recovery.

What we have here is a horrible situation. I agree that Keiva is not welcome here and that he should find a new outlet for his more positive qualities. The place isn't here anymore. There are other waters for good fishing. The fish recognize his hooks here, and swim madly in the other direction.

I pity him and I pity the members here for having to put up with him. But I am his friend, and I must admit to that fact in spite of the fact that few would be able to understand from where that impulse comes.

Hoping you, of troy, might understand--and I think you will knowing you as I do.

Best regards,
WW