Welcome, Vika! I think you'll find the linguistic answers you're seeking in our little haven of wit and wisdom! Stick around!

I'm particularly interested in "Carpathian", vika, because I'm of Slovak/Hungarian heritage. But, of course, the land from where my grandparents on my mother's side (Slovak) and my great-grandparents on my father's side (Hungarian) came
was known as Austria-Hungary. But my mother's folks came from a village in the Carpathian foothills and spoke a Russian tinged dialect of Slovak. My Mother speaks that Slovak, but I never strove to learn it, unfortunately, except for Christmas and Easter salutations and a few familiar phrases and exclamations. But part of the reason I never learned it is that she liked to keep it to herself so she could speak with her sister without anyone else knowing what they were saying. And the orthodox church they attended was a Carpathian-Russian Chruch which used the Church Slavonic for their liturgy (much like the Roman Catholic church once used Latin). But, for all that, I really have no insight to offer in regards to karpaty and the Carpathians. I'll see if I can find something out from my Mother's Slavonic dialect about it.