to me, and other US's can correct or modify, a wardrobe is a collection of clothes.
I have a large wardrobe, dozens of skirts, jackets i count to the teens, blouses, tops, sweater sets galore. (don't i wish!) I have run out out of closet space to store my wardrobe.

(well that true, but my circa 1925 house has very small closets, and one one per bedroom, and a coat closet so small, i have be careful what kind of hangers i use)

I have lots of kitchen cabinets,, new modern ones, not the old built in shelves and cupboards my mother had. surprizingly, the largest closet is the linen closet, in the upstairs hall.

In the basement, under the cellar stairs, i have small pantry, but its only good for canned goods, its too musty for flour or dry goods.
wardrobe=collection of clothes
closet=storage area with pole for hanging hangers on, and high shelf
California closets=small windowless rooms, for clothing storage.
Walk in closet=small california closet
cabinets=permenently mounted storage for food and dishes, usually found in a kitchen, they have doors and shelves. some are floor mounted, and some hang from the wall. (floor mounted ones provide surface or work space.)
pantry =large closet with shelves for storing food
linen closet= closet with shelved for storing linens/blankets
cupboards=a build in cabinet for storing dishes and food.
hoosier= a free standing unit, similar to a cupboard. (a specific style of a cupboard)
Welsh dresser= a more ornate free standing cupboard
china cabinet= similar to a welsh dresser, but larger
credenza= a free standing table height cabinet, usually ornate, or matching a dining room table. for the storage of dishes and table linens. top service often used to hold platters of food (especially at holidays)

chifforobe= a free standing piece of furniture (that my grandmother had) for hanging clothing. often has one or more drawers, for storage as well. (an antique!)