I'm a member of the anti-PC police.

When I do something dumb, I tell people I'm deeply in touch with my inner blonde. My blonde friends laugh at this as much as anyone.

A black man once called me "white trash" because I had the effrontery to disagree with him about something.

Black and white are actually non-colours, or, if you prefer, all-colours (see what happens if you colour a paper napkin black halfway up, using a felt-tip pen, and then suspend the black part in a glass of water - popular science fair project for the little 'uns; see what happens if you take a colour wheel and spin it fast enough). Black absorbs the entire spectrum; white reflects it. (This doesn't really have to do with the discussion at hand but it's interesting, yes?)

I remember how flabbergasted I was to learn, when I lived in Toronto, a very mixed-race city, that racism is not a black-white issue. Naive of me to think it was, but I guess it just hadn't occurred to me that racism runs from one race to another, regardless of colour or lack thereof. I learned this while travelling on the subway one day; a black woman, clearly a little off her nut, was standing in the train ranting and raving about "the Chinkees" etc. It was most disturbing and all the Orientals (I like that better than Asian - find it a more aesthetically pleasing word, and it does differentiate from the Russians!) on the train were looking studiously ignorant of what was going on - I really felt for them.

I'm sick of the PC "movement" - whether it exists or not! - the very concept is irritating. At the same time, self-regulation is a must - and some instances in which people have NOT been self-regulating, wind up just driving the wedge of misunderstanding further between the parties involved. I'm thinking specifically of the man-bashing and woman-bashing jokes I've heard and seen on the Internet (through email). I despise these. This isn't being able to laugh at oneself; some of these so-called "jokes" actually condone violence against either men or women. I have no patience with such an attitude.

But gentle fun-poking at foibles belonging to either sex - why would anyone get their knickers in a twist over that?! Sometimes a good joke lets you breathe easy - you can think, "Yes, men/women DO do that - but I can laugh at it/laugh it off."

And just to round out my rambling diatribe on all the things the OP made me think of - a joke about national characteristics:

Heaven and Hell

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and it's all run by the Swiss.

Hell is where the cooks are British, the mechanics are French, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, and it's all run by the Italians.

(Kinda nicely sums up the best and worst of each nation mentioned, doncha think?!)